Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mail Day!

In a country where mail service is not always reliable, there's a lot of excitement going around when Dad brings home a mail package shipped in from the States. As soon as the bills are sorted though, it's fair game and hands go flying. "Did I get anything?" "Did Lily write?" "Where's my birthday card?" It doesn't matter if it's a letter from a friend, a sticky note from a sibling, a school newsletter, or a new bank calendar. We love 'em all! So, if you ever wanna make a missionary kid's day brighter, jot them a note. Trust me, it won't get thrown away for months (or years, in the case of a pack-rat sibling!), and will be read over and over. 

Mail from home coupled with a skype chats from siblings, make for many smiles. 
My mail comes in a slightly different form and is not hung onto for very long. Part of my "job" is grading the numerous correspondence courses from our vast Bible correspondence school. With coffee and Christmas music (yes, all yr round) to keep me company, it usually takes an hr (+ -) to grade a stack. 

In Grade 12, I took a World Views class . Probably the most helpful extra curricular class I ever took (besides Bible class, of course). Dealing with differing cultures, language barriers and people who simply do not know God in a personal way, has been such a learning experience. After a day of grading, all I can do is thank God for the Godly upbringing my parents have sought to give me & the salvation He gave me 10 yrs ago. 


1 comment:

  1. Aww, I liked your description of mail day! There will be two more letters "from Lily" after today...when her negligent mother gets them into the mail. :) Of course, who knows when they will actually get there.

    ReplyDelete