Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday's Scenarios

Preaching in the township with an interpreter. 
Someone needs to invent flash photography without the blinding flash......Fried eyes!
Brianna playing with the dog after our study

I'm so thankful for a father who not only cares about his family, but reaches out to others in need. With solid, Godly homes being practically nonexistent in South Africa. Dad's become a "Dad", so to speak, to many young men who have no godly influence. Praise the Lord for men willing to step up to the challenge. 

Sunday nights wouldn't be complete without a cuppa and popcorn. 

In Africa, the government pays a mother for each illegitimate child she has. Several yrs back, we became aware that several Africans thought the U.S. government was paying $$ for each of us kids. When we took pictures of the Africans, they assumed we'd pay them some of that cash. First off, we're not illegitimate & we're not being paid by the U.S. government. I completely forgot about this till tonight's scenario...A little girl asked me to take a picture of her, so I obliged. Next thing I knew, she was dancing around me yelling, "Give Money! Give Money!" Just an example of third-world thinking. Sometime I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment