Sunday, August 24, 2014

Through tears

Inspired? Overwhelmed? A bit of both? Ever wonder why life's decisions leave you reeling at times? My life these days feels like I'm stuck in a washer, on the spin cycle. Picturesque enough? New position in life (wife..whoot whoot!), new home, new culture (biggy at times), new family, new church (amazing and welcoming), new job (don't even ask...completely out of my league), etc. etc. etc. Oh, and did I mention my brother got married today (Thank you, livestream, for making it not seem that far away and yet so far...chalk it up to blonde reasoning) and my family is heading back to our home in Africa in a couple of weeks? 

Enter attitude check. Personally, I want to focus on what I'm missing out on, where I can't be, who I am unreasonably far from, and such like. But for God. My stability that turns off the spin cycle, wrings out the tears and shows me a bright new life. I've been blessed with an incredible husband. One who not only sees me for who I am, but for who God wants me to be and encourages me to strive for it. I have a new church family that has opened their arms to this newbie and shown Christlike love. A great job opportunity working by my husband, and friends who remind me of God's goodness even through difficulties (you know who you are!). 

Overnight shift is done! One happy Bride. 
A special portion of God's Word to me these days:

"And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore , nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say."

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, ((((((Julianna)))), My heart goes out to you. Overwhelming I'm sure. (We met, briefly, at Family Camp in Larimore - or Grand Forks - or whatever that place is called.) :-) I am Heather's Mom. May the Lord give you much grace as you JOY in your blessings and focus on His perfect will for you. Enjoyed your post. Looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in and through you for Christ.

    Mrs. Smith
    Hebrews 10:24

    ReplyDelete