Friday, January 24, 2014

Christmas, Part 2

After a filling brunch and opening gifts, everyone split up, heading to various houses of family/friends. Thanks to the invite of friends, Miah tag-teamed with me back to my friend's house. With his dry sense of humor he had some laughing and many sighing throughout the evening :)


~Alayna Follett~
Just about every time my mum had another baby ( often ;) ) or my parents went on a mission's trip, I was farmed out to the Folletts. Many thanks to their family opening their home once again & for putting up with me for a couple weeks! It was like stepping back a dozen yrs and reliving memories. 

Someone was pretty stoked about his new stash of goodies...
Between games, an impressive amount of food, good company and a lot of laughter, the evening flew by. We even squeezed in phone calls to long-distance relatives (a definite highlight of my day) & a skype call home to Africa. My family there invited several nationals to celebrate with them. Mum roasted a leg of pork. It must have been a pretty special day, seeing as folks are still reminiscing about it. :)

Never knew that it was an American tradition to have shrimp on Christmas. For those who like seafood...all the more power to you. I'll gladly give you mine ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day, we also bbq a leg of pork on Christmas Day

    ReplyDelete