Monday, April 8, 2013

Immitation Motherhood

Muddy footprints trailing through the house, baskets upon baskets of laundry to fold, smiles to share, bee stings, dog bites & cuts to bandage, meals to prepare, school lessons to grade, haircuts, stories to tell,...all in the life of a mother. Only I'm not a mother. Just playing the part. Sometimes feeling inadequate for the job, I'm reminded that God has a plan in all this. As Oswald Chambers put it, "We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties."


Brianna's jumped on board and is my right-hand-girl. Tonight, she and Josh baked some delicious shortbread cookies.  Jolted out of my mindset that my brothers can cook, we've had several training sessions in the kitchen. And, they're improving! 


The days seem to fly by. Mum's been State-side for 2 wks. Only 2 1/2 to go!! The house is rarely silent (hence my late-night blogging). Saturday, there were 10 kids running through the house, and only 4 were Wilhites (excluding me. I never run through the house. haha ;). Guess it doesn't matter how many kids leave the nest. We'll always have a houseful. 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Juli,
    You sound like you must be having a SUPER fun time!! =)
    Busy hey?
    We miss y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete