Friday, April 19, 2013

Little Joys

* Dad has a clean bill of health, after a recent checkup.

* Perks of being home-schooled: warm blankets to wrap up in & tea/coffee to sip while tackling Algebra problems

* A gift platter, from a friend, of biltong (better than beef jerky, let me tell you!) given to my meat-hungry guys. There's no way we could've afforded it otherwise.




* Derek is to receive an academic award today for his excellent achievement in math at his college, LCCC. 

* Jeremiah excelled in his music exams and was rated in the top 2 for his grade in all of South Africa! He was awarded the Hennie Joubert Merit award.

* My Sunday School class is expanding. This past week, I was taught how to correctly color, by 2 four year old girls. Not sure if orange and purple faces are all that accurate, but they were just too cute.


* Mum flies home in a week!!! Wait. This should be at the top of the list!

* New Blackberry phone...happy girl!

2 comments:

  1. You are a blessing, Julianna! I'm glad things are going so well for you all over there. I love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an entire Sunday School class colour Moses purple. That was about 15 kids. So purple is the colour for faces in Africa.

    ReplyDelete