Monday, April 1, 2013

On Holiday

For starters, I can't help but post this one darling picture. I'm a new Tannie! My sister, Deanna, had Moriah Jayne early Saturday morning, the 24'th of March. Total overload in the sweetness department! We waved goodbye to Mum on Monday, who will be spending the next 4 weeks getting her fill of grandbabies.


Tuesday was Jeremiah's last day in South Africa for a while. He's hoping to begin flight school in the next couple months, there in the States. We trekked off to the Jo-burg Zoo to enjoy our last day together.

 

Just the 2 girls left. What would I do without this blonde? Love her!


Tuesday evening, Dad dropped Bri and I off @ a friend's place for the week. Just imagine: 4 blondes in a tiny 1 room flat . Michelle and I fell asleep laughing just about every night ;) The adventures were boundless!
 
 
 Bri wasn't all that thrilled with the cable car ride up the mountain in Hartebeestport

Especially when it ground to a halt within sight of the cablehouse. Gotta love Africa and it's notorious power outages. Michelle & I seriously contemplated jumping out. Being cooped up with 2 sugar high girlies, who were singing Christmas songs at the top of their lungs....not a desired spot to be in! Ever so thankful for backup generators...

Back home, Michelle assured me that she knew how to braai. Any thoughts on the matter? Amazingly, the Wors (sausage) and lamb weren't charcoal, but simply well done :) 




Now we're home and down to just 5 kids, meaning 1/2 the Wilhite Tribe now lives Stateside. Though we miss them sooo much, 3 John 1:4 comes into play, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." I guess you could swap "children" for "siblings" :) Speaking of siblings...time to check up on the ones still running around the house. 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Only 5 left! I can't believe it! You have such a "small" family now. :)

    Thanks for the updates Juli! I love seeing and hearing what is going on across the pond or should I say ponds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is almost enough to make me cry! The tribe has split!

    ReplyDelete