Friday, August 23, 2013

Little Blessings

When life's a whirl, sometimes I just need to stop and take a moment to count my blessings. Little as they may seem, they far out-weigh the difficulties in the long run.



An 8 yr old brother who's a whit and a cute one at that!
 


Moments when African culture plays a huge role in babysitting. Struck out on the blankie, songs, rocking part. But flip the kid on you back and he's out like a flash.


A dad who gets creative during the song service. 



Brothers who know how to make me laugh.


New sights in the neighborhood. 


God always providing for our needs. Last month, friends gave us Wildebeest. This month, the neighbors supplied us with fresh pork. What does next month hold?!? (Dad says, "Roadkill." That I sincerely hope not!)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I need this reminder constantly! It's so easy to automatically blow the difficulties out of proportion, but you're so right - the blessings always outweigh the difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the different ways God provides for His children! Thanks for sharing, Juli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely always need to be reminded of God's blessings continually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely!!!!!!!! :) God has been so good to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the post,
    and I know what you mean about the babysitting, I have put alot of Mozambican babies to sleep on my back, but it DOES NOT work with American kids, I have tried it soo many times and the kids just scream...
    oh well, nice thought at least, :)

    ReplyDelete