Sunday, March 3, 2013

Friends: Old & New

We're so blessed to have friends from all cultures. English, Afrikaans & Shona, just to name a few. Bri's friend, Michaella, showed up for a visit this weekend. Brianna was literally bouncing around the house in anticipation, going so far as to check the weather report (since "Michaella's mom won't drive in the rain.").  Needless to say, we have one satisfied girly now. Joshy's Zimbabwean friend, Lazarus, usually comes for a play day on the weekends. Doesn't he make a cute cowboy? 


I teach a Sunday School class every Sunday morning. Absolutely love it! Ages vary, but it's basically babies up through 13 yrs or so. Edith (pictured below) is such a joy. She just soaks up the lessons and is always ready with a question or smile.  As I set up the flannel graph this morning, Josh remarked, "I like this tree. It reminds me of Dy, 'cause she used to use it." Funny what little things prompt our memory. While we waited for Dad to wrap up his message, the girls acted out "Joshua and the Battle of Jericho". 


Yesterday afternoon, I got a text from Dad, reminding us of Pertunia's b-day that day, and asking for cookies, cake or something. Why not 2 in 1? A quick search on Pinterest resulted in a "keeper" recipe for c.c.cookie bars. Added a bit of icing and we were set for the fellowship snack this morning. The birthday girl was so excited, she cried. I mean, it wasn't this grand affair, but to her, it meant the world. You never know how far a little gesture can go, eh? I love baking, so it was a good excuse to have a bit of fun in the kitchen ;)


Edith snapped this picture of Josh, as we headed home. Poor guy didn't make it through the day without experiencing flu symptoms. Pray for him, as he's running a temp and not feeling the greatest. 


And just because...This was before I sat for 45 minutes with a sopping wet 3 yr old on my lap. Next time, I'm buying the kid a sack of nappies and wearing a "water" proof skirt when I attend church...enough said! :D


1 comment:

  1. Hey Juli,
    I have read all your posts and enjoy them so much, just haven't taken the time to comment until now (I'm usually on the run). But this time I thought I'd drop you a note just you wouldn't get discouraged thinking nobody reads it and stop posting. Love your background. I miss you guys. Keep it up, girl! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete