Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Rainy days

Rain is not something we take for granted around here. Come June-September, you'll rarely see a drop. Drizzly afternoons make working in the office way more bearable. The guys tackled a couple projects in the garage, including the making of a new portable baptistry. He "designed" & built several of these for other missionaries, but ours needed a facelift. Ever read the book "My Dad is Brilliant"? I seriously think it was written with Dad in mind. He's amazing! When I was little (agewise, people), he built my sisters & me a triple bunkbed. When we were in elementary, our yard had the best playfort, dubbed Noah's Ark (though it looked nothing like the original). Now my room sports a sweet little lamp table, crafted by Dad. 


Creative workmanship must run in the family...my cousins' room boasts a quad bunkbed & my brother just finished building his own house (need I mention he's only 22??). Okay, I'll get off the bragging band wagon. But he is brilliant....I climbed up the shipping container this afternoon to get a couple shots of the approaching storm. It didn't play out like I thought it would, but I did get a few shot of the property. That's our landlord's workshop below.



Meet Wessel Tjie (Vessel-key) & Jaden. 2 of our neighbor kids, but more like permanent fixtures around our place. They thought it'd be loads of fun to steal my slippers and run all over the yard, doing flips and such, while I was stuck up on the roof (I don't recommend climbing high in a skirt!) What you don't see is how black the bottoms of their feet are. I'm seriously gonna have to power wash those slippers. Ewww! What we do for laughs.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment